Top 5 green automatics
Automatics come in every size, but to keep things simple, we’ve focused on the smaller end of the scale, recognising that small cars are increasingly popular. Many automatics have slightly higher emission levels than their manual counterparts but an increasing number are joining the ranks of the very greenest cars available on the market today. Here are our Top 5 recommendations.
- smart fortwo pulse cdi (54bhp) automatic with 86g/km CO2 and 85.6mpg combined.
- Toyota Auris HSD 1.8 VVT-i automatic with 89g/km CO2 and 74.3mpg combined.
- Toyota Prius T3 hybrid 1.8 VVT-i 5dr automatic with 89g/km CO2 and 72.4mpg combined.
- Lexus CT200h with 94g/km CO2 and 68.9mpc combined.
- Honda Insight 1.3 IMA CVT SE hybrid automatic with 101g/km CO2 and 64.2mpg combined.
Last updated: January 2012
Categories: Latest News